Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The end of my first semester

I have finally completed my first semester as a student. What a relief!!! It was a mixed reaction of happiness, anxiety and fear as I stepped out of the exam hall after the last exam. I know I have passed all the five modules but how well or how bad we just have to wait until the results are announced. I must say that being a student again has not been easy. Writing academic essays have not been easy but to my further surprise, writing in exams was even more difficult despite my hours of preparation. Now I know why it took me such a long time to complete an essay, and how much reading I had to do in order to come up with something relevant. I guess my being introvert and nervous (not to mention being an idealist on how I should write) put more pressure and posed some difficulties during exam…….but on the bright side I must say that I am quite happy with my overall performance. Some adjustment to be made in the second semester but I think I have done my best and I must be content with whatever results I will eventually get. Oh, God…please let me do well.

It's all mine.....yummy!!!!!

So immediately after the exam it was a treat of Cornetto ice cream specially reserved in the freezer just for the occasion. I know that’s sad…hahahahaha, but it was just what I needed. Then off to watch Fast and Furious 5, alone! Yup, the much needed space to keep my mind switched-off for two hours watching a movie which didn’t require much brain activity, while enjoying freshly-made popcorn and a refreshing glass of ice tea…….all in the comfort of a cineplex full of strangers. What did I remember about the movie?….Van Diesal has gotten chubby, could not remember which of the three girls in the movie was hotter, but for sure they all wore skimpy clothes to show off their super skinny figures………and the over the top ending of the heroes driving their sports cars around the city dragging an extremely heavy safe the size of a 20ft container….come on!!!! But I loved it!!!!!


The weekend has been full of family activities like splashing around the pool with my kids, singing our hearts out during a karaoke outing (it’s confirmed none of us will ever go singing in public), a birthday dinner for my lovely wife and just all around relaxing and enjoying the company of my family. I am truly blessed.

Looking back, I think I should have eased off a little and tried to enjoy life a little better and not be overly worried about the programme. Certain things will definitely have to change next semester. I know I will continue to study hard, I will continue to work hard in preparing my thesis (the part I enjoy the most about doing this course) but I will make sure I can sneak in more room for other things which will hopefully make life more meaningful.

2 comments:

Anakmami said...

Hey congrats!!!! more semesters to go... hehehehe

as for me, struggling hard for the first half my thesis. tension giles nih!!!!

Speedy No. 9 said...

Thanks, results belum dapat lagi. Hopefully all will be okay, InsyaAllah. My Chapter 1 for the thesis is pretty much okay, now need to find inner strength to kick start the balance 4 Chapters!

Good luck to us:)