Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chaotic Brain Activity



Just a little whining on my part.  Been glued to my computer for over two weeks now, spending literally every available seconds to tap on the keyboard with the hope that credible and meaningful sentences will appear on the screen.  Countless number of books about India scattered on the desk and on the bed, with hundreds more journals being opened, read, cited and closed again, repeatedly for God knows how long.   Thesis oh thesis.......Today has been the longest marathon by far.  Since 10am this morning till 2am, with just short intervals for things that I needed to keep me human ie eating, drinking, praying, going to the loo, taking a shower, calling my family etc.  My back is killing me. In fact today (no....yesterday technically since it’s 2.12am now) I actually had to juggle between thesis and group work....how fun!!!

Sleeping has been a luxury I can’t really afford.  But I need the sleep. Going to bed between 1-2am every day and waking up at about 6.40am.  No afternoon nap.  The result; fully charged and eager to type and type without feeling sleepy.  Conclusion: That what stress and anxiety do to you.  I must’ve been thinking even when I’m asleep.

I keep praying to God to keep me healthy, to keep my mind sharp and hope his blessing will guide me through successfully through this self-inflicted ordeal.  I am thankful that I have a wife who supports me fully, and two adorable angels whose sweet little voice, indistinguishable over the phone, to keep me determined to stretch my endurance beyond imagination.

Been monitoring my BP, it's just a little high now.  Hope it will be okay when I wake up tomorrow.

Not complaining......just expanding what’s left of my brain activity before I head to bed.  Another joyful day tomorrow.....expecting another adrenaline-charged effort on my part to meet my Thesis Chapter deadline on Thursday.  Please makbulkan doa ku Ya Allah.  Amin.

No comments: