Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Simple Definition Of True Friends


My true friends are out there. They know who they are. Maybe they are ordinary people to others, but to me they are really special. I know I can always TRUST them, and they know they TRUST me. I know I can always RELY on them, and they know they can RELY on me.

My true friends are not always physically near me, but I know that I am placed somewhere special in their hearts. Some of my true friends don’t talk to me that often, but when we do, it seems like not a day has passed since we last met.

When they need help, my true friends will know that I’ll do my best to render assistance. But when I can’t, they’ll understand it’s not because I do not want to. My true friends will not do things to harm me. My true friends will not put our friendship at stake for a little personal gain. I know my true friends will never ever stab me in the back.

I know I can let all my guards down around my true friends. I can just be myself. I don’t have to pretend. There is no barrier in our conversation. Time flies when I talk to my true friends. Of course time flies when you have fun.....and being with true friends is obviously a lot of fun.

My true friends are human, they have flaws. I am also flawed. We do disagree on things. We have different opinion about things. Even some of our values are different. But we don’t pass judgment on our shortcomings and differences. I accept my true friends for who they are, and they like me for who I am.

My true friends are closer to me than my blood relatives. I do have true friends amongst my blood relatives, but blood relation alone does not spawn true friendship.

I have true friends from my childhood days. I have true friends I just recently discovered. One fact is common, true friendship doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time to develop.

Sadly, some are my true friends no more. And that’s sad. I don’t really know when true friendship sets in, it’s a developed feeling. But when it’s gone, I know it right there and then. And that’s sad. But sometimes it’s probably for the better. I can live with that, and I hope they can to. C’est la vie.

True friends are definitely HARD TO COME BY. I am truly blessed to have these guys I can call true friends. Thanks all of you my true friends.....may our special bond last forever. InsyaAllah.


"No lapse of time or distance of place can lessen the friendship of those who are truly persuaded of each other's worth."
~Anonymous~

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
~Anonymous~
"Friendship without self interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life."
~James Francis Byrnes~

3 comments:

Anakmami said...

wow! nice words... 100% agree with you that true friends are really hard to come by nowdays...

Anonymous said...

Mie.. here is one pledge of life friendship for you... from me :-) and..plus we are related.. ha ha...unbreakable.. keep posting..hope you dont mind me "plagiarizing" your blog content for my other friends.. i like the message...of course, i will proudly attribute it to this great, small town writer :-) take care.. Abg

Speedy No. 9 said...

Thanks Abang.....glad you like it.