Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life Is Too Precious


One of my players told me on Monday that he had to go for a check-up at the hospital and therefore could not come to practice. He seemed okay to me, and there was no real worry there.

I called him yesterday evening and he said the check up he underwent at the hospital was fine but he’d have to wait until the next day (today) for the result. There was a game scheduled today and he said he should be able to play. I put his name in the players roster and he was due to start for the team in our opening game in the state rugby league.

I was in the middle of my game briefing this morning when I received an sms from him, “Salam tuan. Tak dapat join team. Esok operation. Kanser usus” (Salam sir, can’t join the team. Having operation tomorrow. Intestine cancer).

This guy has been a regular first team player for quite some time now. Overall he appeared healthy and now all of a sudden he is going to have an operation due to cancer. Wow….talking about shocking news. I called to ask him how serious his situation is and he said he wasn’t sure because he just found out about it. I travelled with the team today and had no opportunity to see him prior to the operation. I guess I will find out more when I go to visit him tomorrow.

Life is too precious!!! We must count our blessing today as we do not know what is in store for us tomorrow. Let’s appreciate what we have and be thankful for all the blessings we have been receiving. Life is too precious!!! I pray to God to give him courage and I pray that his operation will be a success, and that he’ll eventually recover and be able to return to full health, InsyaAllah. Amin.

2 comments:

Anakmami said...

Sorry to hear abt your player. Mmg mengejutkan! Tambahan pula sportman macam tu... Mudah2an semuanya berjalan lancar untuk dia.

My opis mate sorang pun kena kanser usus but the situation is not favourable for him. Allah lebih menyayangi dia...

Speedy No. 9 said...

Harap2 my player tu okay ler hendaknya...really have no idea so far.